Local events for national impact
In 2014, WeAreTheFuture launched ‘Take Action’ an initiative backed by the Scottish Government, UnLtd and O2 Think Big to encourage more school students to consider entrepreneurship as a career path.
Take Action is an 8-12 week entrepreneurship programme run with school students, which culminates in them putting on their own entrepreneurship event at the end of the programme. These events engage local communities in the entrepreneurial support in their area, linking them with local and national entrepreneurial leaders. We Are The Future also work very closely with their partners (including RBS, SIE, Business Gateway and PTYBS) to ensure that they are collectively supporting the local Take Action events.
Events so far:
· CraigMount High School (pilot event in Edinburgh) - January 2014
· Official Launch Event - May 2014
· Youth Panel Discussion (young entrepreneurs and high school students) - August 2015
· Notre Dame High School - November 2014
· Startup Summit Edinburgh - November 2014
· St Helens Primary - February 2015
· Deans Academy - March 2015
· Wallace High School - May 2015
· Highlands and Islands event with CalMac - September 2015
See Youtube video